Call for Entries – 2020 Entry Requirements
- An WE HBA member in good standing and a member for one year, up to and including the deadline, is eligible to make application for applicable awards.
BOUNDARIES: A WE HBA member can make an entry within the WE HBA geographical boundaries.
- All categories, unless noted otherwise, are for residential real estate projects that are in active use between February 8, 2020 and February 15, 2021.
- All submissions become property of the WE HBA and will not be returned.
- A previous winning entry cannot be resubmitted, with the exception of all achievement awards.
- Judges are selected from individuals within the home building industry and not affiliated with WE HBA, representing the many disciplines contributing to new home construction, renovation, design and marketing.
- No individual may judge a category if they have a conflict of interest.
- Candidates and entries will be judged on the merits of material submitted and not on the professionalism of the presentation.
- Submissions will be handled in a strictly confidential manner and examined by judges who are charged with the responsibility not to disclose personal or corporate information.
- Judges have the right to eliminate or combine any category where there are fewer than two submissions.
- Awards will not be presented in categories where the quality and quantity of the work does not warrant a winner.
- All decisions of the judges are binding and final.
- There will be up to 4 finalists in each category which will be announced at the award ceremony (no advanced release of finalists will be announced).
- A separate entry form must accompany each entry.
- Any physical supporting documentation should clearly indicate the award for which the material applies. Do not use glue, tape or staples but paperclip supporting documentation together.
ACCEPTABLE IMAGE FORMATS
- Images should be submitted online and attached to the entry form as opposed to CD submissions. Images submitted should be in .jpeg or .jpg format.
- Renderings are not accepted.
- Entries not received in the above manner cannot be accepted.
- Submissions must be accompanied by an entry fee of $175.00 per entry, plus HST. The entry fee is non-refundable after judging has taken place.
- All entry fees should be paid online after the submission of entry forms. Click here to go to the Entry Fee Payment page.
- Payment for entries MUST be made at the time of online submission. No exceptions will be accepted.
- All entries, including fees, supporting documentation, pictures, maps, etc., must be received no later than 4 PM MONDAY, FEBRUARY 15, 2021.
- No extensions can be given.
- For information regarding these submissions, please contact Cindy McIntosh at the WE HBA office at 905 575 3344 x3