Why it pays to use an WE HBA member
Buying a new home is one of the most exciting decisions you’ll ever make. And during the entire home building process, you’ll have questions you want answered and concerns you want addressed.
The West End Home Builders’ Association is the region’s leading resource to help you:
- Ask the right questions
- Understand the entire home building process
- Become familiar with terms used in the home building industry
By using home builders who are members of the WE HBA , you’ll be choosing a company which is recognized as a local leader in the home building industry and who is committed to upholding the WE HBA’s code of ethics.
When choosing a home builder, look for the WE HBA logo on their:
- Newspaper ads
- Other promotional materials
Top 10 Reasons to buy a new home
- New homes are built with the latest construction technologies and according to the newest construction codes to give home owners the highest levels of energy efficiency and durability.
- Less upkeep is needed with a new home vs. a resale home due to the fact that new homes are always using the latest technology and home-building techniques.
- You get what you want with a new home that’s tailored to your needs, versus spending time and money to update an older properly.
- Choose the builder you want based on reputation, location and service. Professional new home builders have the skills, experience and integrity to do the job to your satisfaction.
- Choose a floorplan to suit your needs by visiting model homes, virtual plans and drawings. You can build a new house just the way you want it with upgrades to provide further flexibility.
- New homes are green homes with better insulation, more energy efficient doors and windows and high efficiency heating and cooling systems.
- Get peace of mind with the Tarion Warranty Program, which covers every new home built in Ontario.
- Join a community of new homes which feature a consistent design and where attention is paid to public elements like landscaping and street lighting – along with parks, schools, shopping and other amenities close at hand.
- Indoor air quality is often better in a new home than a resale unit.
- New home safety includes elements like electrical circuit protectors, safety glass and hard-wired smoke detectors. New homes are also constructed to meet the latest in building and safety codes.