Careers in the home building industry
T. Johns Consulting Group has an immediate opening for an INTERMEDIATE PLANNER
Are you an experienced Planner looking for new challenges? Are you interested in contributing to…
• New communities;
• Transit oriented development;
• Affordable housing;
• Employment area development; and
• Commercial projects.
As an Intermediate Planner with T. Johns, you will be part of an exciting portfolio of development projects and have a key role as part of a positive, energetic and growing team. The Intermediate Planner effectively supports senior staff with strong organizational, writing, critical thinking and problem-solving skills proven through the preparation of planning rationale reports, including the analysis section and review sections prepared by junior staff. The Intermediate Planner positions provides the opportunity to mentor and effectively lead junior staff.
A bit about us…
T. Johns is a well-respected, boutique Planning firm in the Hamilton and Southern Ontario area. We have grown significantly in our first six years and manage a diverse range of projects for an array of distinguished clients. With a substantial number of large-scale projects in our portfolio including new complete communities, transit oriented
development in Niagara Region, affordable housing and long term care, T. Johns is grounded in providing quality planning services to provide community-enhancing projects. We are adding an Intermediate Planner position, where you will support all types and sizes of development projects from kick-off through to the issuance of a building permit. T. Johns offers the opportunity to make a lasting impact in our communities, with your experience, knowledge and people skills.
A bit about you…
• You are a motivated team player and bring a positive attitude to work;
• You thrive on change and can shift priorities on the turn of a dime;
• You are a Full member of the CIP/OPPI;
• You have 4 to 6 years of progressive experience in land development;
• You can lead and/or participate in community and stakeholder consultation work;
• You have been involved in evidence preparation for LPAT (OMB), and
• You have a valid Ontario G-Class driver’s license and access to a vehicle.
A bit of fine print…
T. Johns Consulting Group offers competitive compensation with full health benefits. Salary will be commensurate with experience. To apply, please submit a cover letter and Resume to [email protected] by Friday, February 19.