• Experience in real estate, urban planning/geography, engineering, business/finance, architecture, landscape architecture, law, etc. An MBA or other advanced real estate education is an asset. Applicants without formal business education should be prepared to demonstrate finance and other business skills/experience gained “on the job.”
• 10 years in residential/mixed-use real estate development, with progression into management of complex development projects and associated entitlement approvals.
• Experience in developing residential projects in the Greater Toronto and Golden Horseshoe Areas, being fluent in the local planning approval regulatory/policy framework, associated municipal processes and stakeholders, etc.
• Established relationships within the local real estate industry — particularly, consultants and municipal/community/other stakeholders — and an ability to build rapport with diverse group of people, particularly during challenging negotiations.
• Rigorous customer-focus with real empathy for our customers/building users and an emphasis on ensuring decisions are viewed through the perspective of our end customers, trades and clients.
• Strategic Execution to develop and drive project strategy and challenging the status quo to uncover new opportunities with a keen understanding of the numbers and the project’s financial position.
• Tenacious project management –the ability to prioritize multiple projects, relationships, tasks, and deadlines while always thinking ahead in respect to scheduling and resulting impacts on external and internal resources.
• Proficiency in communications, ethical negotiations, and the capacity to consistently and professionally balance the interests of all stakeholders (internal/external partners, investors, consultants, municipal & political members, suppliers, trades, and most importantly, our end users.
• A fluent understanding of the various technical disciplines involved in high-rise residential development, including the ability to review and comment on consultant deliverables, seeing and articulating both implications to a project from NHDG’s multi-faceted perspectives.
• Comprehension of complex regulatory policy documents and associated legal agreements, being able to quickly digest and share thoughts/guidance, direct analysis relevant to NHDG’s business, as well as formulate and execute nuanced responses.
• Ability to read and identify how drawings relate to various regulatory/technical standards, site statistics, user experience and intended offering, etc.
• A working level of numeracy and financial acumen, being able to understand how complex financial models and concepts may impact our proposed development objectives and vice versa.
• Passion and drive for continual improvement and accomplishment, developing industry-leading projects balanced with achieving NHDG’s schedule and budget objectives.
• Must be self-motivated, independent, and detail oriented.
• Concise writing and presentation skills are required.
• Proven track record of excelling within a team-oriented and collaborative environment