• Open to builder or renovator members of WE HBA.
• Any renovation (large or small) to an existing dwelling. Conversions from a previous neighbourhood commercial use to a single residential dwelling are also in this category. These categories are split on the basis of renovation cost
• Renovation Cost: for the purposes of these awards, means the hard or total construction contract cost of the renovation to the consumer, excluding land, original pre-renovation structure, architects or designer’s fess, furniture, furnishing or artwork and landscaping.
• Before pictures are an important part of the judging. Don’t forget to take before pictures. The before and after shots should be from a similar angle.
• BEFORE AND AFTER PHOTOS TAKEN AT SAME VIEW POINT MUST BE SUBMITTED TO GUIDE THE JUDGES IN THEIR DECISION.
• Site and floor plans clearly show what was renovated must be provided on-site.
Judging Criteria: Overall appeal, use of building materials, use of space, function of floor plan and compatibility of the renovations with existing elements.
• Provide a minimum of 5 before images and 5 after images from a similar angle of the renovation (attached to the online application in .jpg or.jpeg format)
a) Best renovation under $25,000
b) Best renovation $25,000 to under $75,000
c) Best renovation $75,000 to under $150,000
d) Best renovation $150,000 to under $400,000
e) Best renovation $400,000 to under $1,000,000
f) Best renovation $1,000,000 & over